Friday, April 20, 2012

Bar Method's 90 Day Challenge is All About Eating Right


I'm about to embark on my second 90 day challenge at Vancouver's Bar Method in less than six months. I joined the Bar Method because I needed desperately to regain my phsical health, and to keep up with my very active pre-schooler without constantly running out of breath.

For those of you not yet aware of BM, its a rigorous program of excercise that combines, "the muscle-shaping principles of isometrics, the body-elongating practice of dance conditioning, the science of physical therapy and the intense pace of interval training into a powerful exercise format that quickly and safely reshapes and elongates muscles."

While the Vancouver location of the Bar Method, founded by Burr Leonard in 2000, is a great hub of instant social bliss around excercise and health on a daily basis, the 90 Day Challenge takes this vibe to another level: think prizes, holitistic nuturition worshops, recipes and food with Jennifer at My Edible Advice, a trip to do the Grouse Grind (haven't done that in over a decade), and a serious nudge to join this year's Underwear Affair.

Each Saturday, if I wear my Bar Method tank top (haven't worn one of those in ages), I'm told that I'll get a healthy smoothie after class.  Jennifer has already made us some seriously yummie smoothies. And, I'd like to share one with you.

3 or 4 handfuls of spinach (organic preferred)
2 or 3 dates
1 banana
Some ice/water to your desired consistency

This smoothie tastes as good as working out at the Bar Method makes me feel.

For more information about the Bar Method, and to find a location in your area, go to:
http://www.barmethod.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails